Tiverton and Honiton Conservatives are delighted to have selected Rosemary Berry to fight the Cullompton South By-Election, following the retirement of the longstanding councillor Eileen Andrews.
Rosemary is seeking your support for the positive vision she has for our Community. The election is about the future that we all want to achieve.
- Traffic and Infrastructure: Early delivery of the Relief Road before more planned development, safe pedestrian access over the M5. Address congestion and air quality. Provide a safe crossing for Cullompton Community College. Cullompton Railway Station to be delivered by 2025.
- Improving Cullompton: Support Heritage Funding for improvements to the Town Centre and revitalise the High Street, with better opportunities for leisure, arts and youth theatre.
- A Better Environment: It is important to protect existing mature trees and hedges plus appropriate new planting on the Garden Village. Provide gardens and open spaces for wellbeing, leisure and sport. No support for further largescale development around Cullompton. Encourage local employment and new businesses to reduce commuting.
- Addressing Housing Need: Moving toward zero carbon homes, sustainable building methods and materials with good design. Deliver new social housing for local people and those most in need. Hold developers to account.
- Health & Well Being: Work to secure health, care and education provision early in the Garden Village. Provide cycle ways connected to other communities, delivery of areas for leisure, children’s play and provide new sports provision to benefit the whole community.
- New Leisure Centre: To meet the growing needs of the town with existing facilities benefitting Cullompton Community College.
Having a particular interest in health and well being she was delighted to assist College Surgery to acquire land on the NW Development for a new Health Garden for social prescription and therapy.
Rosemary says "Please give me the chance to work to achieve the best for you and your family. If elected I cannot promise to solve every problem, but I can promise to listen to your concerns, help with problems protect and make Cullompton South my priority at MDDC. I believe People are most important, not Politics!"